Monday, November 22, 2010

Wednesday Wars


Monday, November 22, 2010
                              
                                      Wednesday Wars

    In the book, Wednesday Wars, main character Holling Hoodhood has a normal child to parent relationship. But ever since Holling feels that Mrs. Baker doesn't seem to like Holling, nobody in his family believes him. Since Mrs. Baker is part of the Baker Sporting Emporium, they are excepting the Hoodhood and Associates to be in the top 3. So, everyone in the Hoodhood family has to be in their best behavior. But, for Holling, it's hard because Mrs. Baker is always giving him a hard time and he can tell that she hates his guts. When he tells his parents, they would say she doesn't and to behave around her. It seems like Holling's parents are listening to Holling, but not really paying attention to him a lot or not getting the fact that he is telling the truth. Its like someone screaming on the top of their lungs in a crowded room, but nobody seems to notice.
             
     By : Jodie 

4 comments:

  1. That was a great blog, great re telling of the story, and I agree with everything you said. In every story I see you write you put words in a awy thats really interesting. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was an amazing blog, great re-telling of the story and stating the relationship with the parents and Holling. I love how in every piece of writing you always go ablove and beyond!!!
    Great job!!!!
    -dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree that it would be hard to behave myself if I knew that my teacher hated my guts. Plus, I get really frustrated when people hear what I am saying but do not listen and pay attention to it. I like the last sentence when you say 'Its like screaming on the top of your lungs in a crowded room, but nobody seems to notice.' It is a great comparison to what Holling feels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog and it is true what you are saying about Holling. I am thankful my teacher is not like that and even if that was so I know my parents would believe in me.

    ReplyDelete