Monday, November 22, 2010

teen ranch essay


   Teen ranch
Teen ranch was a great experience of community living with my friends. We did so much in such little time. I wish that teen ranch was longer than its usual time we stayed. But one thing that hit me real hard is now I know my friends much better. Example my closest friend is now one of my best friends. The first thing I thought about first is about the food cabins and washrooms. But now I wasn't so bad actually it was my best week in my whole life so far.
                                                           Hiking
  At teen ranch we went for this long wonderful hike. We went through the forest and into the hills. A special thing we all got to do was horseback riding. We went in the forest and back with the horses. But something that was funny and smelly was I stepped in horse dung. My big horses name was mouse. Mouse was a very nice horse. But it was frightening. My first time seeing such a big horse from this close and I have to ride it. But in the end it all worked out.  I'll never forget my horse mouse. Horseback riding was really fun and scary at the same time.

                                                       Skating
    So moving on to skating. Ok maybe I'm not good at skating but it's ok it was still a lot of fun. I slipped a couple times but I was okay. But I hurt my bottom and fell so hard I felt like the end of the world. Ok thought skating was bad wait until you play hockey it's a bummer and I mean it. I would fall even if a feather hit me.  But when I watch TV is like there born to skate and they are! If you compare me to my friends I would be humiliated. They can probably skate faster than me while skating backwards. To me I think my friends are show offs. Well that everything I can say about teen ranch skating.
                                                     Cabins
  Ok I think you now that teen ranch is great place but you're wondering were are we sleeping? We sleep in cabins smelly old cabins yes I said it. We all have to share a cabin there are groups of 5 to 6. My group had 5 people including. Ok there are washrooms of course and what are they like. They were great until day 3. There was dirt all over the floor and water. So far as I know the washrooms were horrible because of us. The people in my cabin were pretty nice they were so funny at night we would keep on talking and talking. So yea my cabin plan was good.
 Sometimes you want things to last longer but it would never happen I was like those people know one can fill in my shoes from what I have been through with my friends and living in nature. So when you have an opportunity to do something special you should have the fun times in your early ages. Teen ranch was not only a fun trip it also means something it's a five day get away from everything and live with your fellow class mates for a week. I learned to be thankful for what you get. Some people never get this opportunity thank you for everything god and I hope life still goes good.


2 comments:

  1. Aha Steve !
    I TOTALLY agree with you about our friends being showoffs at skating. xD
    Im not good at skating either.
    But atleast we still tried. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! That's true what you are saying in the conclusion paragraph about how you want things to last longer. When you think about it when you have fun time flies by and when you are bored time just drags on and on.

    ReplyDelete