Monday, November 22, 2010

Holling's Relationship With His Parents

I think the relationship Holling has with his parents isn't that good according to the first chapter. His parents don't seem to listen to him, except for his mom (a little bit) because she asked him how school was. In the book he asked his dad for help and his dad sort of told him to be quiet because he was watching the news. I think Holling felt sad because his dad thinks the news is more important than him. Holling's dad tops it off by being rude to him and telling him he's ruining the family business. Holling's mom was nice a little bit, but she is hiding a secret to the family, that she smokes and he wasn't supposed to know and if he did he wasn't supposed to say anything to his dad, so she's even hiding it more from her husband and last time I checked marriage wasn't supposed to have any secrets. So I think he doesn't have anything special with his parents. To me it seems like he does not really like them that much at the begining of the book, but something could change later on in the book.
 -Marc 

5 comments:

  1. Awesome blog,I Agree with everything you said especially when you said the last time you checked marriges weren't based on lies, I totally agree. I love how in your work you always put youself in it and you're not afraid to tell the truth! Great blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Marc! You included a lot of things that should have been in your blog. The ending of your third last sentence was funny and I agree with you about that. So GOOD JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right it is not nice that Holling's father does not pay attention to him. I know if my father was like that I would be very unhappy. I agree with you you are not supposed to keep secrets in a marrage. What would happen if Mr. Hoodhood found out, it would probably better if she just quit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job with your blog. Sometimes my dad can be like Mr. Hoodhood because if he is watching the news he wants the room silent. But at the same time he is far from Mr. Hoodhood in many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog was 100% true. I also think that Hollings parents don't pay enough attention to him and do not listen to him. I also agree that marrage is not supposed to have secrets between them. I also like how you include your own personal opinion. This blog was great and it was a pleasure reading it.

    ReplyDelete