Friday, November 19, 2010

blog6


Grade 7 Hepatitis B and Meningitis Vaccinations

          Approximately two days ago the other grade sevens and I had our Hepatitis B and Meningitis vaccines. I am not the type of person that is totally fine with needles so you could imagine how scared I was at the time. I remember the time when I had to get my influenza shot because I almost fainted right before I got the shot. When I got my shots in school it felt like the needle were still in me until about five minutes afterwards. We were sent to go sit down right after we got the shots and I was very, very weak. I was so weak I felt like I could sleep for a day and a half or maybe even a week. Even though it was pretty obvious because we were getting with a dead virus (a virus none the less) I did not expect to be that weak. The first few people in our class got to leave almost right away after their shots while a few other grade sevens like me had to wait until a whole other class had left. That day I felt horrible; it was three times as worse as a cold could ever be. I could not play any sports both because my arm was sore and if someone even just touched it I would feel pain. Some people were lucky and the pain wore of and went away in an hour or two. If you were me then you were very unlucky because the pain did not go away until the next day. We also had a test that day so one of my classmates suggested that we should have told the teacher we could not do the test because of our sore arms. I am glad I got the shots though because now I know I will never get those harmful diseases.

By: Sean 

No comments:

Post a Comment