Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Our Gr 7 Vaccinations
          On November 16th the gr.7 students in our school were getting ready to get their vaccination shots. I went to school that morning and some of my friends told me we were going to get our shots today! I can't even explain how much I was freaking out, I was terrified. Needles are my only fear aside from 8 legged creatures. We went inside when the bell rang, I was hoping my friend made a mistake, and there wasn't going to be needles today, because if I knew earlier I would have skipped that day. When our principal was saying the announcements, but obvious he said vaccinations today. That feeling you get when you're really nervous and are about to throw up visited my body and stayed there. I ignored it for awhile, while we got started on our lesson, I actually forgot about that queasy feeling for awhile until they called us down.  We made our way down and that feeling returned and it decided to have a party with all its friends. They called out our names to see who was getting the needles; I was happy I wasn't first I was about the 10th one. I saw the earlier class sitting on the floor since it was critical you sat down once you got the shot. The line got smaller the party in my stomach got louder, it was finally my turn. I sat down as the party in my stomach got even louder. They asked me a few questions, and then said to relax; I asked if it was going to hurt, she said not if I relax my arm, so I did as she said. She gave it to me I felt a pinch for about 3 seconds and same thing on the other arm. When it was done she told me to sit on the floor with everyone else, so I did. My arm was killing me, very few people said there's hurt too, but the rest were fine. I couldn't touch or do anything with my shoulders, the pain was immense.  The pain continues today and will for the next week, but at least the party in my stomach was over, the next time I hear I am going to get a shot I won't over react. (Only because I'll skip that day) The shot itself didn't hurt but the after math did. Good luck to anyone who's like me and gets a needle. My advice to you is imagine you're in the party in your stomach!

                              00295156.gif                                     By: Dani

4 comments:

  1. I know all about that queasy feeling. In Melbourne, in year 7 we get shots too. Great blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats funny. sorry my english not too great. You right good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog! It had great voice and detail in it. I remember your facial expresion when you were about to get the vaccination. You looked really nervous and scared. Anyways great blog and keep up the good work!

    -Adam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog!I know how you feel after all I was there and thank goodness we do not need to take this shot in another 20 years or so. A party in my stomach would be weird and probably not enjoyable. Thank goodness the pain only lasted for a day.

    ReplyDelete