Thursday, December 9, 2010

Holling's hero

 
        Mickey Mantle is professional baseball player. Holling is a big fan of Mickey. Holling was so happy because Mickey Mantle is going to his school,and Holling is excited to meet him, but Holling realized that his hero is a total jerk, Mickey Mantle won't sign his baseball because Holling is wearing a yellow tights and feathers on the butt and Mickey thinks he's gay. Holling was so sad, but his friend got his back and saved him from the embarrassment.

The author Gary D. Schmidt showed how Holling Hoodhood is feeling by saying he was crushed and crying. I can relate to this story when my cousin told me that there was a famous person and she a big fan , but when she get to meet the girl she was mean, rude old lady. She was just nice in front of the tv, just to get money, and get more famous. Their hero is not what they thought they were.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I remember when I saw an actor in person (too bad I do not remember the name) but she was not as nice as on T.V. Although I do not remember the name I am pretty sure he was a guy.

    ReplyDelete