Tuesday, November 30, 2010

00354728.gifThe Wednesday Wars00283665.gif
          The "Wednesday wars" is an amazing book so far and we have only read about three chapters. This book is unbelievably hilarious! It has sarcasm and jokes and riddles and pokes. The author Gary D. Schmidt is a great author, but an amazing artist,his words paint a picture in your head, it's really amazing how that works. Like what we were discussing in class Gary does not just say she was crying if someone was crying, he says: The words that came out of her mouth, I can't tell you but you'd know them once you heard them. Gary does not say what he has to say, he shows you what he has to say.
          In the beginning, before we read this book, I thought I was going to HATE this book, with the small words and the hundreds of pages. But I am in LOVE with this book. Loving a book is very, VERY rare for me, reading a book when not at school is like climbing a mountain without any gear! In order for me to love a book, this book has to be really good!
          My favourite characters in the book are Doug Swieteck and his brother. They both have lots and lots of nerve. They even have 410 ways to get your teacher to hate you, and when they try a number from the list, they usually get suspended, but when they come back again they try another number to see how much time that will get them. It usually gets really funny when their part comes. It's like adding more chocolate in Candy Land!
In this book I like how the main idea of the story is starting to drop, although it is only the beginning, I wonder how the rest of the book will go. This book was truly amazing!!!
                      00318069.gif                          BY: Dani00336660.gif

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean Dani after all I am reading it too. I do not really like to read as much as one would think but I really love this book too. I agree the book was Truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete