Monday, November 22, 2010

Teen Ranch Essay

Teen Ranch


            How do you picture Teen Ranch? I don't want to ruin your surprise, but Teen Ranch is like the beautiful outdoors I've never seen before. The indoors are wonderful as well. From my experience, I have a gigantic feeling that once we turn 50, we will still be discussing Teen Ranch with our friends. As you can tell, we had lots of fun, so just to warn you, if you go to Teen Ranch, try not to have too much fun because then you will never want to go back home. This essay is going to be about my three favorite things at Teen Ranch.


            Teen Ranch had the best horseback riding I had ever done in my life! Once we got to the barn, I put on my helmet and ran outside. There was a herd of horses to pick from. The biggest horse there was named Spider and the smallest horse was Molly. The horses were so beautiful; so I ended up choosing a soft, light brown and male horse. Right away I knew that he was going to be a great horse and he was. His name was Charlie. If I could, I would explain until tomorrow, how well trained I thought he was. He listened to every single thing I wanted him to do and I had no complaints about him. On the inside I felt almost happier than someone winning the lottery. I was also happy because I got to meet some really nice people too. Their names were Nikki, Cory and Agatha. Agatha was our leader for the week up there. Besides, they helped us learn to ride a horse, so without them we wouldn't have had an awesome experience during our two days of horseback riding. They were such good horseback riders.


            Meanwhile, the day after finishing our last day of horseback riding, we all gathered together to play predator vs. prey. I was chosen to be a chipmunk, so I was a herbivore. The point of the game was for herbivores to collect food and water cards, for carnivores to collect herbivore cards and for omnivores to collect carnivore and herbivore cards. The game took place in a big forest, on a rainy day, which had many things to watch out for such as mud piles, some cliffs, logs, big rocks, the swamp of no return and e.t.c. As the game started, many herbivores were the first to find food and water cards. During the middle of the game, it wasn't going to well for anyone. Many food and water stations were empty, but lots of people were getting hurt and falling, including me. As I was getting chased I didn't realize, but I was heading for a cliff, so luckily the person chasing me, (Josh) yelled so loud "CLIFF," that I was able to hear clearly and I slid away from the tip of the cliff. There was also, people tripping over logs while running. Don't forget, some peoples feet ended up in the swamp of no return, including me, but no ones shoe got sinked away. The whistle blew a few seconds after that incident, which meant the game was over. Luckily no one came back crying and everyone had fun! At the end of the game, I collected about 22 food and water cards and had BUCKETS OF FUN! 


            Teen Ranch had wonderful cabins. I thought of the cabins sort of having some dents in the walls and being small, but they could actually fit 9 people per cabin. There were four bunks and one single bed. It was all carpet except for the washroom. The washroom was tiles. The cabin that my friends and I got was cabin 1, which meant that some certain things didn't look the same as other cabins. My exciting cabin mates were Abie, Keisha, Christina, Christina and Mandy. The funniest moment I won't forget was, one day in the middle of the night, Christina. was waking up to go to the washroom. So she was trying to reach over to my bunk ladder and as she was getting down, she missed a step and fell. It was sad, but kind of funny because her head hit my bunk (which was sad), but once she fell, she responded so loud "I'm okay!" and at the same time she was hoping that she didn't wake up anyone although she woke up the whole cabin except for Mandy. Besides that night, I had a good sleep every other night. I loved my cabin and my cabin mates and I won't forget anything that happened!


            My experience at Teen Ranch was such an awesome experience and we all learned to hang out with other people and to work together as a team with friends during activities. I will NEVER FORGET Teen Ranch! Hopefully in the summer, I can visit Teen Ranch with my family. So I had a great experience and I know that everyone else did too!






                                                                                                                                                     By: Tiffany.

4 comments:

  1. Great blog! For your introduction I do not think you should have just stated what you were going to talk about in you essay. In my opinion I think that teen ranch would only be good with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very good blog, you included your favourites and in what areas you had lots of fun and added some detail. Although I thought for an essay it was short I thought you could have added more detail, it was still ok. Good job.

    -dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog, I remember that night when I fell off the bed. It was so funny because when I fell off I woke you up then you asked if i was okay. After that we woke Christina and she told us to go to sleep, but we had to explain things to her so the converstion went like this:
    Tiffany: Christina, Christina just fell off her bed.
    Christina: Oh are you okay?
    Me: Yeah, I'm fine.
    Christina: Thats good. Now shut up and go to sleep!
    That is one moment I will remember.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job, I can really tell that you had loads of fun. All your ideas were there, but you should put more detail into your writing. Other then that it was fine.

    ReplyDelete