Friday, November 26, 2010

Holling and his parents


Holling and His Parents
Hollings relationship with his parents is kind of difficult. When a child tells his or her parents something, I'd expect that the parents would believe him or her. Not Holling's. When he went to his mother because Ms.Baker hates his guts, she immediatly took Ms.Baker's side. I find it unfair because I think the only reason she did take her side is because she is an adult. She probably thinks that Ms.Baker is like a mother who can't pick her favourite child. Holling needed an ally in the war with Ms.Baker and his mother was no help so he went to his father. Big mistake. Holling went to his father and as soon as he spoke his father, he totally ignores him. The reason was he was watching Walter Cronkite and didn't want to miss anything. Really? He picked T.V over his own son! Finally when Holling's father paid enough attention to him so he could actually hear what he was saying, he told him to be nice and never complain. Why is that? His father was an architect and he had a shot of being the new architect for a sporting emporium. BAKER Sporting Emporium. If Holling was bad, his father would be broke and Holling, when he grows up, wouldn't become the boss of Hoodhood and Associates. I believe that if you care about your business more than your child..... you need some parenting books.


From:Caroline

4 comments:

  1. Nice job, Caroline! I love your ending, 'Parenting Books' that is so funny, but true. Why have kids if you will not pay attention to them and listen to their troubles? I know that parents are not perfect but I think that if you care more about your business then your child, you are just selfish. Anyways, great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was hilarious Caroline! I mean you gave exactly what happened in the book but made it really funny! I love the end.(parenting books) HAHA! Great job!

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny Blog! Caroline I loved the way you retold the situation especially the ending, Parenting Books, so funny. I agree that Holling’s parents have a problem for paying more attention to things like the T.V and Walter Cronkite. But for Holling’s parents to provide a good life for their kids, Holling’s father has to work hard, and that’s what loving parents do for their kids. But he should focus more on his kids because they are the most important things in life in my opinion. As Ashley said, why have kids if you do not pay attention to them? Pleasure to read and thanks for the chuckle!

    Christina Z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is true, parenting books would be such a funny idea. I know quite a few people who choose T.V. over something more important but I am not saying any names.

    ReplyDelete