Monday, November 22, 2010

"So long as there are men there will be wars," said  Albert Einstein. The never ending war that I am referring to is the drama that seemed to never end at teen ranch. From the first morning, starting out with a briefing of the camp rules and safety discussion followed by lunch, the hike, skating and dinner, the experience was going good. I wish I could say the same for horse back riding.

This year was my first time being in control of a horse, at least I thought I had control of Jenny. You can try and make her turn out she just goes straight. Eventually, she smartened up and listened, but until she did, I had to duck and cover. Other than getting a large scratch on my ear, nobody was hurt. 

Then there was the hike. The hill was steep and covered with apples. If you were to step on the apples, you would slide backwards. When the group was heading back down the hill, I purposely slid on a pile of apples to get to the bottom faster.   

Most of us thought skating was the best part of the trip. Some of us fell more than other and some people were just average. The group enjoyed participating in a fun game of hockey, most of us for the first time.

If you were to take out the drama, Teen Ranch would be the perfect experience. Some people were missing friends and family from home which added to the drama. I found that a lot of people spend time talking about other people and that caused issues when it wasn't necessary. Drama was created when we all should have been focussing on having fun. 

Overall, Teen Ranch was a pretty good experience. The food was good, the cabin was clean, and the staff was friendly. I think it was nice of the principals and the teachers to take time out of their schedules to make this trip happen.

- Clinton

4 comments:

  1. Great blog/essay! I wish I could have been there to horse back ride with you guys.I also probably would have been one to really miss my family during the experience. I probably would have really liked the free time more than the skating and stuff though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great blog, you really explained your essay and you did it very well. I really liked how you included a quote. It was a very well written essay, great job!!!!!
    -dani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to start off your essay. However, I am not sure what drama you are talking about but maybe it was because I did not get invovled. I think that you could have elaborated on your paragraphs a little more. I am also grateful for the teachers and principals that came to Teen Ranch with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a good blog. I, personaly, don't know about any drama that happened there because, like Ashley, I didn't get involved. I do indeed think that you could of added more infolike, who you were rooming with, what was your favourite part and why. Otherwise, it was a good blog.

    ReplyDelete