Monday, November 22, 2010

Our Gr 7 Vaccination

                                                 Our Gr 7 Vaccination

           On November 16th all the grade seven and eight class got ready for our needles which are for Hepatitis B and Meningitis vaccines. I went to school and not knowing anything about needles, and while I was walking, one of my friends came up to me and told me that were getting our vaccines today,  I was freaking out from the inside and the outside. While my class was heading up to our classroom I look out and see the atrium and check if it's true, and I saw people in the atrium with needles on the tables, I was shaking because I wasn't ready for today. Ms.Babb let us in, and the announcement was on and they told us to get ready for the vaccines.  After the announcement we got ready for French presentation, and I wasn't paying attention to my teacher, all I was thinking about is the needles, I was saying to myself" is it going to hurt"?. While my classmate were doing a presentation we were sent to the atrium and sit down while some grade seven is getting their needled, the lady gave our form to Ms.Babb and she gave them all out and we were all getting ready to get our shots . My friend in front of me was scared than I am but the lady called her, I was a little scared when the lady called me, and I gave her my form and asked me some questions and one question made me laugh, she asked me if I have any sign of pregnancy, I was laughing in my head but I said "no". The lady started
cleaning my arm and she didn't even ask me if I'm ready she just stick the needle on my arm and I was in pain for like 1 second .I wasn't scared at all until she said that I'm getting another one. After all the sweat, I was done, but later on about 5 minutes or so, my arms started to hurt , and I was in a small pain but it was gone for like 2 minutes.My suggestion is just think that after you got the shots, you won't get any harm full diseases.



By: Kyra

                                                                           

5 comments:

  1. Good Job! Your blog was good and kind of funny, but you missed some words and punctuations which made the paragraph not make sense at some parts, but besides that, it was fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I obviously did not get the same person for my needles as you because she asked me if I was ready. It was a real surprise that we were going to get our needles that day and your right when you say at least we will not get those diseases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing blog,you included all the important details and had great word choice. You had yourself in it and facts in it. I liked how you included the funniest part of it, which it was. I was also talking to myself in my head to try to comfort myself but it didn't work. I was still terrfied but it was ok. Great job!!
    -dani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Kyra, sounds like it was not a very enjoyable experience! I did not get a needle that day but I felt sorry for the people who had to. It grosses me out how they inject needles into your skin. At least you won't get those harmful diseases!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Kyra! Same thing happened to me. The nurse told me to relax my muscles but while she was saying that, she stuck the needle in my arm. It hurt because when she gave me the shot, I flexed my muscle.I wasn't even ready for the shot. Anways, great blog!

    ReplyDelete