Wednesday, December 1, 2010


The Wednesday Wars Journal

I like this book because it has a very unique storyline.  The story flows and does not allow the reader to become bored. The author describes some very humorous events. The detail and description of character's outrageous behaviors make you want to continue reading. The story is so interesting that you are curious as to what will happen next to all of the characters.  The author's writing lets you think and feel the emotions of the characters.   The way author writes, really puts a picture in your head. The book just keeps getting better and better. I bet that the rest of the book will be just as great as what I read so far.

                                                                        By: Tiffany K.

3 comments:

  1. That was an amazing, blog, you sounded like a a real critic.You really put lots of your own opinions in it with some facts that was like the cherry on the cake. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. You are right the author does not let you get bored. Whenever someone comes up to me after we read a chapter and says, "That chapter made me want to fall asleep," I think, "What is wrong with you that was a good chapter, maybe you were not paying attention." Like you said, the author makes the story so interesting that you want to read more. The night Holling was trying to get to the Baker Sporting Emporium I wanted to see what was going to happen next so baddly I started to read ahead. The atuthor does makes you feel the emotions of the characters because he is so descriptive. When Mickey Mantle refused to sign Holling's ball because he was wearing yellow tights made me want to cry. Gary D. Schmit is so descriptive it made me feel like I was not Christina any more I was Holling Hoodhood, it made me feel the sorrow Holling must of felt and I wanted to cry(I did not actually cry). Great blog Tiffany, you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! I do not know anyone that would say that this book boring or anything like that. Gary D. Schmidt is truly an amazing writer.

    ReplyDelete